The Office of Student Affairs is the center of information, activities and services relative to the co-curricular and extra curricular needs of the CLSU students. The program thrusts of OSA include positive discipline through social empowerment and cooperative living/learning which promote "home away from home" concept, development of students leaders for social and community responsibility, financial assistance to economically disadvantaged students, and enhanced cross-cultural adjustments.
The Office of Student Affairs recognizes the essential dignity and worth of each individual student. It shall adapt participatory management in designing activities and providing services to the needs of students in line with the attainment of the mission and goals of the university.
OSA shall be a model center for student personnel services supportive of the co-curricular and extra-curricular needs of its clients for their well-rounded growth and development.
OSA shall promote the development of students’ talents, potentials, and leadership capabilities through its program thrusts of self-growth and awareness, cooperative living and learning, leadership development and enhancement, productive use of leisure, and enhanced cross-cultural adjustment.
It shall help to develop students to become academically competent, disciplined, socially responsive, and imbued with desirable values.
Through its various units, OSA shall plan and implement programs and activities for students to:
- Make intelligent decision on career and life choices by knowing their capabilities, potentials, and interests.
- Have access to housing facilities that shall inculcate habits, attitudes and values of healthful living and efficient home management at reasonable cost.
- Become leaders and agents of change by coordinating the activities of recognized student organizations.
- Make wise use of their leisure time, develop sportsmanship, personality, and social and cultural growth.
- Adjust to new options and possibilities in their school environment through educational, cultural and social activities.